As a senior power electronics design engineer, you will be driving innovative products design and execution from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution; that includes – design analysis, modeling & simulations, schematic/BOM generation, PCB layout, DFM, prototype developments, tests & validations, qualification, safety/REL certifications and taking product to production.
- Candidate must have hands-on experience of power supply design or LED driver design and possess deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Must possess knowledge of high volume manufacturing technologies and production variance
- Highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important
- Proven track record of working in fast paced innovative work environment
- Ideal candidate is with work experience in the lighting industry
- Willing to overseas travel as needed
- Participate in core architecture investigation while working closely with Power architect; Select best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost and scalability
- Lead LED driver design concept definition in collaboration with cross-functional team
- Provide design simulation, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome
- Provide design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned and proof of concepts
- Provide design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for LED driver layouts. Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams. Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution.
- Provide prototypes test and validation results, document multi-dimensional activities. Hands-on work in lab is must.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the are technologies and Perform competitive bench marking for each project
- Provide technical support for production issues debug and resolutions