The candidate will be engaged in the concept, architecture, design and development of next generation LED lighting products for Ecosense Lighting. The candidate will work with a small, focused cross-functional team to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals for a wide variety of architectural and specification-grade Solid State Lighting fixtures. The candidate will be responsible for
- Contribution to and implementation of best practices in mechanical design and documentation
- Interface with or management of outside resources for design (as necessary), prototyping, and testing of new fixtures and concepts
- Hands-on cradle to grave process of designing and implementing new mechanical systems for EcoSense Lighting products
- The creation of 2D drawings, BOMs, and other documentation necessary for product implementation
- Evaluation and aid in the selection of vendors for custom components
- Evaluation of tooling trials (on-site and otherwise) to determine form, fit and functionality
- Documentation of new inventions and interaction with outside counsel to protect them
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in mechanical systems design directed toward consumer hard products (lighting desired but not necessary.)
- Exposure and experience in manufacturing technologies including but not limited to injection molded and extruded plastics, die cast and extruded aluminum, stamping, forming, and spinning of sheet metal.
- Exposure and experience in secondary and finishing operations including by not limited to post mold/cast machining, anodization, painting, hard coating, and vacuum metalization.
- Experience with products requiring electronics packaging, thermal management, and aesthetic requirements desired.
- Proficiency with mechanical CAD (Pro/E, Solidworks, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)